Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bits of a Blizzard

Originally we were supposed to get hit with about 2 feet or snow, but alas we were spared that and ended up with a foot more or less. The winds though were intense, howling and shaking the house as they whipped the snow around. I have not always loved the snow or the bitter northeast winters, but as I get older I have come to appreciate the quietness and stillness that accompanies snow. With this storm I could not help but notice the shapes and simplicity the snow left behind. 

2 comments:

  1. You really lucked out...I guess! Down here in NY we got absolutely slammed with snow, a few of the streets in my neighborhood are STILL not plowed...and NJ apparently got even more than we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos as always Somer. Tranquility of nighttime snow is so peaceful. Nothing better than a late night walk amidst the sound of silence.

    -Mark (Thompson 325)

    ReplyDelete